[CT Birds] Silver Sands - Yellow-headed Blackbird, Magnolia Warbler, and Red-eyed Vireo

John Oshlick john.oshlic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 18:09:22 EST 2014

Silver Sands: Milford - I ran into Nick Bonomo and Jake Musser at Silver
Sands. When I ran into them they had already found a Red-eyed Vireo. While
we birded I spotted a male Yellow-headed blackbird in a flock of mixed
blackbirds. The extensive yellow head and white wing-patches were seen
well. Jake and I later got excellent looks at a Magnolia Warbler. I did not
see any later CT Magnolia records on E-bird and Zeranski & Baptist do not
give a later date (except for a January record that they questioned). Does
anyone have a later Magnolia date?

John Oshlick