[CT Birds] Old Lyme on Smith Neck Rd: American Tree Sparrows and Fox Sparrows

Carolyn sailcarm at aol.com
Thu Nov 13 14:30:26 EST 2014

Old Lyme on Smith Neck Rd:  It took me over two hours to arrive at Smith Cove Rd boat ramp.  The road was hopping with passerines.

Highlights included :
2 FOX SPARROWS
1 BROWN THRASHER
3 PURPLE FINCHES
3 Hermit Thrushes
a flock of Cedar Waxwings

Other birds of interest:  Juncos, Swamp, Song and WT Sparrows, YR Warblers, large flocks of Robins, and a late Catbird

The 2 AMERICAN TREE SPARROWS were at the boat launch area.

One of the Fox Sparrows was actually singing its song, which I have only heard once before in Quebec during nesting season.  What a beautiful song!

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford

Sent from my iPhone