[CT Birds] Wright's Pond & Konold's Pond

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 12:13:16 EST 2014

​11/11  On my errands:
10:05AM-Wright's Pond-  A D.C. Cormorant (which doesn't seem well).  I have
never seen one at this location.  It was on the edge of the pond at 10:05,
and as I got out of my car, it went into the pond.  Wright's Pond is a
small shallow pond, and not much in there for a Cormorant. At
11:50AM when I passed there again it was still in the pond floating around.
Also a Great Blue Heron on pond's edge, Canada Geese, mallards, Crows,
11:00AM at Konold's Pond, viewed from the industrial area on Bradley Rd,
there were
about 120 American Coots.  Pond is very shallow.
Bev Propen, Orange