[CT Birds] Coventry Lake Birds, 11-13-14; Feeder feeding frenzy, trouble ahead?

kfinnan at aol.com kfinnan at aol.com
Thu Nov 13 17:02:55 EST 2014

Don, it's almost an amazing difference as, in this area (Goshen), acorns, catkins and all sorts of natural seeds and nuts are doing very well--and the birds are taking advantage of them. So far, numerous Pine Siskins have come over but not one has visited a feeder. Another, perhaps unrelated observation is that our Purple Finches bailed as of Monday. Otherwise, the feeder traffic is about average. Other observations, e.g. from Paul Carrier, could be very interesting.
Kevin Finnan