[CT Birds] Bald Eagle(s), Colchester

Pamela Holden pjp.holden at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 15:27:09 EST 2014

Some of you may remember the bank swallow colony during the summer at a
gravel pit on Westchester Rd. in Colchester.  The other day my husband and I
watched a bald eagle flying around at the gravel pit.  We believe it landed
in there, but couldn't see where.  On Tuesday a resident of Colchester (not
on this list) photographed a bald eagle taking a gray squirrel from the golf
course in town (he got some decent pictures of it) and several other folks
have spotted bald eagles around town.  We've seen an occasional eagle do a
flyover here, especially during migration, but I found it interesting that
bald eagles are hanging around in Colchester of all places.

Pam Holden

Colchester, CT