[CT Birds] American Woodcock - Bethany (Part II)

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 23 18:20:42 EST 2014

Late this afternoon, my Lab and I had 3 American Woodcock high up (10 meters, through the trees) while walking on the red trail behind the Old Bethany Airport.  This was not really near yesterday's sightings, which were seen off-trail in a "ticky-er" area.  I guess Woodcock have a real aversion to Birders and Bird-dogs.

All these sightings remind me of the good ol' days in the late 1980s, when Ed Shove and I used to "hunt" Woodcock while "hunting for" Northern Saw-Whet Owls.

Steve Mayo