[CT Birds] A Snowy Day of Birding

Turk Duddy ctbirds at rjduddy.com
Wed Nov 26 17:07:02 EST 2014

I birded from Seaside Park in Bridgeport to West Haven today. It proved
to be a snowy day in more than just a weather sense. I found a Snowy Owl
at Long Beach, about 50 Snow Buntings at Short Beach & 2 Snowy Egrets at
Birdseye Boat Ramp.
Also seen, were a male Eurasian Wigeon with 92 American Wigeon at Beaver
Brook Pond at Jonathan Law HS in Milford, 2 Pied-billed Grebe at Johnson
Creek in Stratford, A Cooper's Hawk at Seaside Park, a Sharp-shinned
Hawk in Milford & 7 Black-bellied Plover on a sand bar in West haven.
There appear to be a lot of Juncos around. I tallied 90 of them & I'm
sure I didn't record all of them.

Turk Duddy
Cape Porpoise, ME