[CT Birds] Possible Pacific Loon in CT

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 18:00:07 EST 2014

I will second Sean's observation on the loon. I was able to get the bird in the scope and observe it for 5 minutes or so before returning to work. The subject bird was noticeably smaller than the nearby Common Loons and showed a smaller bill and lacked your typical 'blocky' headed appearance of Common. The black to white cut-off along the neck was also very apparent. Definitely something to keep an eye out for in the next few days. I took a rather poor quality digiscoped video I am more than happy to share with anybody who is interested. Please email me personally. Also, thanks to Mayn Hipp for calling me as soon as I left when he relocated the bird. His observations were also consistent with ours.

Stefan Martin
Nafets519 at gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone