[CT Birds] Possible Pacific Loon

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 21:11:40 EST 2014

Stefan sent me the video. I've looked at a lot of possible Pacific Loon images over the years and usually feel I can eliminate them as Pacific pretty quickly. This image is small but I wouldn't rule out Pacific. I think it's worth continuing to look for it to get diagnostic looks. I don't want to go into specifics too much because the image is distant and I may be misinterpreting things based on that and lighting. However, I will say the bill seems quite small to the point of being hard to see, which isn't usually the case with Commons.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury