[CT Birds] Fw: [MASSBIRD] Sandhill Cranes - Another chapter

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 21:42:19 EST 2014

Steve Mirick posted this to several New England listservs and with his permission, I am reposting it here.  I assume that many on this list will find this interesting.
Glenn WilliamsMystic
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Sandhill Cranes - Another chapter

I've revised my map to include the sighting of 24 Sandhill Cranes
migrating through Philadelphia yesterday.  Fascinating to be able to
follow a single flock of birds as they've moved from Maine through
Pennsylvania!

http://home.comcast.net/~smirick//SandhillCranes-revised.jpg

And the new details
---------------------------
29 Sandhill Cranes in Norridgewock, Maine on November 20.  Louis Bevier.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lrbevier/15836842635

24 Sandhill Cranes in Hampton, NH on November 27 (about 11:30 AM) Mike
Thompson & Jason Lambert.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jlambert614/15715855808/

24 Sandhill Cranes in Newburyport, MA on November 28 (about 8:10 AM)
Derek Lovitch

23 Sandhill Cranes in New Haven, CT on November 28 (about 2:00 PM) Dana
Campbell et al

24 +/- Sandhill Cranes in Philadelphia, PA on November 29 (about 10:15
AM)  reported on DVOC page

Steve Mirick
Bradford, MA