[CT Birds] Haddam Meadows Shrike

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Nov 26 23:23:37 EST 2014

Arthur wrote: "A great additional feature of ebird would be regional notification of reports of rare birds."

Check http://ebird.org/ebird/alerts and see the section "Rare Bird Alerts - Email alerts for rare birds in a particular area."

I am subscribed to get rare bird alerts from eBird for CT on an hourly (more or less) basis.  The definition of what is rare varies by the date; I believe a suitably knowledgeable CT birder defines the species and date ranges that qualify for alerts, possibly by county.  (I did not see such a notice for the Northern Shrike, but I might have deleted it by mistake.  Also it is possible to tell eBird not to send your sightings out on such alerts so it might have been never been sent.)

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT