[CT Birds] ebird and timely reporting

julian hough jrhough1 at snet.net
Wed Nov 26 23:53:53 EST 2014

I think I speak for most active birders when I say ebird is not a substitute for reporting of birds that are likely to be of interest.

Not all birders use ebird and those that do should post to CT Birds since that is the communal conduit for the great network of birders that share their information freely. I may be wrong, but I think that some reports may come in from out-of-towners who may not know the significance of a sighting, but I think most state birders are aware that CT Birds is the mill for the birding grist!

Anything rare or unusual should also be texted/emailed to others if possible to allow interested parties to have a chance of seeing said rares.