[CT Birds] Blue Snow vs Dark Morph Goose Question

Elaine Taylor etbchs at aol.com
Mon Dec 1 15:03:33 EST 2014

I have noticed a few reports of what I think was the same mixed group of Canada and Blue/ Dark Morph Snow Geese in movement (last seen in In Simsbury- Lea Kessler Shaw). I was wondering if anyone can help me understand the difference between Dark Morph and Blue Snow. I took pictures when the group was here at the Orchard Hill Pond in Bristol and I identified  the single Snow Goose as a Blue Snow by using detailed bird identification photos online. But perhaps it was Dark Morph? They look the same....
Thank you.
Elaine in Bristol