[CT Birds] Fisher Meadows, Avon

Jack Swatt jswattbirds at snet.net
Tue Dec 2 14:53:42 EST 2014

Stopped by Fisher Meadows today on my way to the airport.  Thanks, Lea, for your post yesterday as I was looking for a good spot to stop on the way.  The GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE and dark morph SNOW GOOSE (BLUE GOOSE) were both there again today.  Also there were 3 NORTHERN PINTAILS (2 drake, 1 hen) in with the mergansers and Canada Geese today.

Jack Swatt

Fisher Meadows Recreation Area, Hartford, US-CT
Dec 2, 2014 10:35 AM - 11:35 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
20 species

Greater White-fronted Goose  1     white face, pink bill, grey body, orange legs
Snow Goose  1     blue (dark) phase
Canada Goose  400     estimate
Mallard  6
Northern Pintail  3