[CT Birds] Upcoming Dedicated Rhode Island pelagic- Dec 20

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Wed Dec 3 09:07:25 EST 2014

I just heard from Carlos Pedro and he has scheduled a dedicated
pelagic from Point Judith on the Frances Fleet cod boats for Dec. 20.

If you have never been on this trip, its always been a good one!
Usually scheduled in November, Carlos has moved it to late December to
increase your chances to see many birds, which usually mean good looks
at Gannets, Sea Ducks, Loons, Razorbill, Common Murre, Dovekie,
(occasional Puffin), Kittiwake, Fulmar and who knows what else, I will
be bringing chum, so this increases the chances for close looks at
Fulmar, Kittiwake, white-winged Gulls, Lesser Black-backed Gulls and
maybe a (crossed fingers here) Skua!

Keith Mueller

Here are the particulars:

I have scheduled a Dedicated Pelagic for Saturday, December 20.
We have had a tough time getting out over the past couple of winters
due to weather
but hopefully we will make it this time.We will depart on one of the
larger boats of the
Frances Fleet, probably the Lady Frances, from their dock in Galilee,
RI at 7 AM and return at 3:30 PM.
I have reserved Sunday, Dec. 21 as a make up day if weather does not
permit us to go on Saturday.

The trip will take us out thru Mud Hole to Coxes Ledge and back thru
the Cod Fishing grounds southeast of Block Island. The cost of the
trip if there are 30
of us will be $95 each. This includes a 10% tip for the crew.

Birds during this time may include Black-legged Kittiwake, Dovekie, Common
Murre, Razorbill, Glaucous, Iceland and Lesser Black-backed Gulls and
Northern Fulmar. Hoped for are Atlantic Puffin,
Thick-billed Murre and Little Gull. Great Skua being the lottery bird.

If you are interested please contact me at dcpedro at cox.net as soon as possible
to make a reservation.

Carlos Pedro