[CT Birds] purchasing binoculars

Susanne Shrader birdgirrl at comcast.net
Mon Dec 8 14:52:50 EST 2014

I recommend buying used binoculars for the following reasons.  Most have a lifetime warranty even if not the original buyer, they are usually 50 % the cost  of new and function just as well.  Jim Zipp often has trade-ins for resale.  I bought my Zeiss scope barely used from  The Cape May Observatory and am so happy I could do so.  Many of us have bins we can resell.  The best reason to buy used anything is to save the environment from the damage starting with getting the raw materials,  to the energy used in manufacture and transport.

Susanne Shrader
birdgirrl at comcast.net