[CT Birds] Red-Shouldered Hawk??

Elaine Taylor etbchs at aol.com
Sun Dec 14 09:53:15 EST 2014

Possible RED-SHOULDERED HAWK, 9:15 am, Bristol.  Over the last three days a hawk was visible perched on a tree branch over the pond just off Matthews Street. I thought perhaps it was the same Cooper that's been around,  but today I really saw the hawk's coloring and tail bands and decided to pull out my scope for a closer look. It sure looks like a  RED-SHOULDERED HAWK! I took a photo through the lens with my iPhone. If anyone is interested in helping me to otherwise ID or confirm this, please email me. I am seeing a number of hawks here lately and would love to confidently ID them all.
Thank you.
Elaine in Bristol