[CT Birds] Stratford, 12-08-14, Blue Goose (pics), Lapland Longspur

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 17:05:58 EST 2014

1 "Blue Goose" (dark morph Snow Goose) mixed in with 100 or so  Canadas
inside the airport fence near Rt 113. Around 1 this afternoon. Viewed  from
outside the fence along the road. A police officer stopped to see what I  was
doing and checked my ID, but didn't give me any grief or tell me I couldn't
stay there. An hour later the flock had moved farther away from the fence
and  probably could have been better seen from behind the old FAA building.
 The bird was mixed in with the Canadas at first,  then moved by itself
over nearer the marsh on the left. Pictures  here:
Also, 1 Lapland Longspur mixed in with 11 Horned larks at Long  Beach,
about 100 yards north of the parking lot.
Don Morgan, Coventry, Ct
mntncougar at aol.com