[CT Birds] House finch

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Wed Dec 10 13:23:55 EST 2014

Hi, Craig!
I looked back at my house finch numbers from Project Feederwatch, and it
does look like they hang around (at least in our yard) all winter. The
highest number of individuals (10 at one time) appeared in November of
2008; although most often we get 2 at a time. The highest number of
occurrences (18 weeks of visits) was in the winter of 2006-2007. Most
visits by house finches are clustered in the December/January stretch -
but they are consistent into the spring.
Love that new data mapping!
:-)  Tammy Eustis, Chester