[CT Birds] Un kept State Parks!

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Dec 19 16:40:16 EST 2014

Paul wrote, "Anyone know whats going on???"  Well, budget cuts and "deferred" maintenance, mainly, i.e., lack of state & public support.

A friend with professional background in environmental work wrote me:  "DEEP funding seems to always be cut when cuts need to be made--so now we are seeing the effects of many years of deferred maintenance.  CT's parks are not the only ones suffering in this way.  I spoke to someone recently who was at a lovely state park in New Jersey, but mentioned the contrast of the beautiful setting and the park buildings with blue tarps covering the roofs--probably because they couldn't afford needed repairs.  Speak to your state rep--that's the best way to make sure the parks (and DEEP) receive funding."

Have you talked to your state rep. about park maintenance?

	Ta!