[CT Birds] Vesper Sparrows

Andrew Brand biobrand at att.net
Sat Dec 20 20:19:46 EST 2014

12/20/2014, Old Velvet St., North Haven
Today as part of the New Haven Christmas Count I found an amazing 6 Vesper Sparrows feeding in weedy farm fields. Two were half way down the road on right just past large pile of wooden tomato stakes and the other 4 were in field on right just as you pull onto Old velvet. Walk up dirt farm road. They were cooperative and flew into nearby trees as they typically do when I find them for easy viewing. A nice surprise! Also,any Savannah Sparrows, Am. Tree Sparrows and a Field Sparrow.

Andy Brand
Hamden

Sent from my iPhone