[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sat Dec 20 20:58:11 EST 2014

Passing these along.

 From Nancy Morand
12/20/14, Middlefield, mowed Lyman Orchard corn maze, 4 Snow Geese remain ( two adult , two juvenile)

 From Aidan Kiley:
12/20/14 - Fairfield,  yard--
1 White-crowned Sparrow visiting feeder in the morning

 From Christina Strode
Perigrine Falcon
Dec. 12 & Dec. 13 Milford on Turtle Lane. There was one perched on the edge of the curb of my front yard intently watching my ornamental grass which is about 5ft high and dried out for the winter. It suddenly swooped into the grass and snatched up a sparrow and then flew away. I have a birdfeeder & suet in a tree nearby which attracts a large variety of birds daily. I checked my bird books, checked online at Audubon because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then the next day my sister & I both saw it sitting on my fence in the sideyard near turtle pond watching the birdfeeder as we went to the car. She confirmed it was a Peregrine Falcon. First time I have seen one here.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT