[CT Birds] Quinnipiac CBC summary

Folsom-O'Keefe, Corrie cfolsom-okeefe at audubon.org
Tue Dec 16 20:51:15 EST 2014

?Hi all,

 Here is a quick summary of the Quinnipiac Valley CBC.  While we are still waiting on some datasheets, we are currently at 93 species for Count day with one additional count week species.  Highlights include:

A Common Loon on Lake Quonnipaug (still there as of Monday morning, we've only had the species 5 times in 44 years)

A greater White-fronted Goose on Whirlwind Hill in Wallingford (only 3rd time in count history)

A Northern Shoveler at Bishop's Pond - Research Parkway Meriden (only 5th time)

Two Redheads on Hanover Pond (Only 3rd time, still there as of Monday morning)

Two Peregrine Falcons chasing an Bald Eagle at Hanover Pond

Two Eastern Phoebe (one was along Woodhouse Ave by Coyle Field)

New high count for Common Raven - 21 birds

A House Wren (only 6th time on 44 years) in powerlines by Wildlife Drive in Wallingford

A Common yellowthroat (7th time) near Quonnipaug Pond (still there on Monday)

Best of luck on the upcoming CBCs!

Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe

QVCBC Co-compiler

Meriden, CT