[CT Birds] State Parks Upkeep

Martin Moore mhmoorep at aol.com
Thu Dec 18 17:33:49 EST 2014

Is it only here in Central Connecticut or are our smaller State Parks in terrible condition. There has been no State maintenance at Quinnipiac River State Park in North Haven this year. The trails are a mess. Same goes for Cromwell Meadows State Park where the main trail has finally been cleared after being impassable in many places. Side trails remain overgrown and wild. In my 30 years of birding these parks they were always well maintained until now. The large parks, especially the money makers, seem OK. But something very negative appears to have happened at the new Energy Department that now contains the old DEP, at least in this part of Connecticut.

Marty Moore