[CT Birds] Citation for Diving Canada Geese

Keith Mueller kmueller at ntplx.net
Tue Dec 23 20:21:15 EST 2014

This actually is very common with geese, mallards, black ducks, wigeon and other dabbling ducks. They do it for play, anxiety relief, escaping danger and actually feeding in water to deep to "dabble" for aquatic vegetation! You wouldn't believe how far a goose can swim under water and how long they can stay submerged......way longer than a few seconds.
K Mueller

Sent from my iPhone