[CT Birds] Directions to the eagles

Kevin kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Fri Dec 26 19:30:05 EST 2014

I'm being asked for directions so here you go. Where ever you are you'll need to hop on to I-84 west. Take 84 west to the Peekskill, NY exit for Rt. 9 south.

Circle down ramp take right at light and stay on Rt. 9 until the Annesvile Circle (rotary) ... stay to the left then get onto right hand lane at light turn right. Get off 2nd exit ... less than 2 miles.

Go down ramp and continue straight on this road until you hit the traffic light. At light turn right. Take 1st left. Stay on this road 3-4 miles.If you go to far you'll be swimming. At end of road turn right you'll see others or left park and look to your right in the trees to the right of the white house on the hill. You just might be surprised. This is where they eat and survey the land.

FYI .... dress in layers because it can get bitter cold with a north wind coming down the river. Make sure you're feet are the warmest. 20 degrees can feel like minus numbers.

Last year with all the ice and 2 tides I was told the count exceded 350 birds. It ends in early March. Lastly there are other spots but this is the best. Just ask once there if you care to explore.

Good luck & Happy New Year!!!

Kevindoyle01 at charter.net

Sent from Blue Mail