[CT Birds] Waterford yard: 4 Woodpecker sp in one tree

Carolyn sailcarm at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 12:23:07 EST 2014

Amazing!  At the same time: 4 species of woodpeckers in our crabapple tree which holds my suet feeder: 2 Flickers, 2 Hairy, 3 Downy (there are often 4 coming and going), and 1 Red-bellied.  Now I am waiting for the occasional YB Sapsucker to show up!

Also 1 Field Sparrow at the seed feeder.  I was very surprised a couple of weeks ago to have one on the ground.  That was a yard first.  Now I am only mildly surprised at this second occurrence.

Happy Holidays to all!

Carolyn Cimino

Sent from my iPhone