Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 15:03:14 EST 2014

I'll see if I can help: When you drive into the park and  follow the road
to the end you have to turn left and the boat launch  is in front of you.
Parking there. Directly opposite the boat launch at the  other side of the
grassy field (Where you make the left turn) there is a narrow  grassy road or
corridor with a yellow gate. This narrow path goes across what I  would call a
brushy swamp, to the other side, where there are railroad tracks.  The
"swamp" is probably 150 yards wide. However, I noticed that on the RR side
there is a sign that says "no fishing".
It certainly doesn't look like it to me but I presume the swamp  area is
the "fish hatchery". I saw nothing that said that, and I have no idea  how
Howie would know it, but he seems to know the area so I presume he  does.
Don Morgan, Coventry, Ct
mntncougar at aol.com

<ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> wrote:
> I looked back at  an earlier report of this bird from the same person.
In that report the  location was "by yellow gate into fish hatchery opposite
boat launch."   Using the "Bird's eye view" on Bing Maps
(http://binged.it/1E5iDJx might show  it) there is a wide grassy path opposite the boat ramp
that is blocked by a  gate; the photo does not let me see the color of the
gate but I presume it it  yellow.