[CT Birds] Snowy, E. Wigeon, Shoveler, ID question - Milford, Meriden

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Dec 26 22:24:28 EST 2014

Snowy Owl on the outer bar at Milford point. I saw it from  Short beach,
Stratford, standing on the highest point of the bar. Appeared  fairly heavily
streaked. I got to Milford about 20 minutes later and it was  gone. I had
seen 3 people walking on the beach towards the point and there were  3 sets of
fresh footprints going out to the area where I saw the owl. Pretty  much
the same thing happened a year ago. Tried to spot it in the marsh from  the
observation tower, but there were several hunters and decoys spread out over
the marsh; no sign of it
Male Eurasian Wigeon in the pond behind Jonathan Law  H.S. in Milford.
Male Northern Shoveler on Bishops Pond, Meriden. It was hanging  around
with another duck, but it turned out to be a Black  Duck.
Also, duck that appears to be a F Bufflehead, but has  absolutely no cheek
patch. Ideas? Next to last pic.
Don Morgan, Coventry, Ct
mntncougar at aol.com