[CT Birds] Smowy Milford Point

Kevin kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Fri Jan 2 15:52:28 EST 2015

The snowy is still a resident at the point. It was all over the sand dune from one end to the other with many flyovers moving from one area to another. Since it was nearly dead  low tide it was on the far eastern end running out of land with many gulls where it took off heading east. Mixed in with gulls and not knowing its wing beat we lost him. Very cool for my first ever sighting of the white bird from the Tundra. Now knowing for sure the 150-600 will be required it will be purchased, Nancy !!!

Also I believe 4 tundra swans (orange/yellow beaks magnificent flyers and a flock of snow buntings.

Verplanct eagles Tuesday not a one with 3 hours of searching. One solid week of cold below freezing during the day and low teens at night and Peekskill harbor will freeze over. With close to an 8 foot tide the ice will flow with the tide best time for viewing as the tide goes out.

I'll keep ya posted. Maybe after January 15th if the weather will  cooperate.

Kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Sent from Blue Mail