[CT Birds] Posting Snowy Owl Locations

Patricia Bailey bails at att.net
Sun Jan 4 09:58:55 EST 2015

Personally, I don't think we should post sightings of Snowy Owls.  Most people have no idea of how close is too close and it's easy to accidentally not see an owl until too close.   I recently climbed a windy hill hoping to see something on the "quiet" side of the field.  Stopped, saw nothing, but raised my binoculars and there was a Bald Eagle on the ground feeding on a raccoon.  As I turned to leave I accidentally flushed him.  In today's culture an individual's right trumps the greater good.  So I think owls are always exciting, but best not to post.  Check in with your birding friends instead.
Sherman, CT

Message: 2