[CT Birds] Rules

Don Crockett doncrockett63 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 19:15:01 EST 2015

> Speaking of Rules, CTBirds has only a few.
> * Some birds should not be posted for the good of the bird. This includes
day-roosting owls

Why aren't Snowy Owls considered day-roosting owls?

>From the GPS tracking of Snowy Owls along the coast last winter I would
characterize coastal Snowy Owls as predominantly "day-roosting owls."

Maybe people have other data/observations, so let me ask this, who has seen
a Snowy Owl catch and eat food along the coast?

I still favor the reporting of Snowy Owls since I think other day-roosting
owls are more likely to be their nests so disturbance is more of an issue.
But the rules are stated relative to roosting.

--
Don Crockett
Great Blue Media Works, Owner - http://greatblue.com