[CT Birds] 1/4 - Fairfield Highlights

Alex Burdo aburdo10 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 19:19:31 EST 2015

I enjoyed another awesome day of birding in Fairfield today, highlighted by
a fantastic visit to Hoydens Hill Open Space. Despite the fog and
on-and-off showers, I found today to be the best day for landbirding I have
experienced this year thus far, as it lacked the rain and freezing temps
that had been a feature of the previous three days. Highlights below:

>From Alex Burdo:
1/4 - Fairfield, Hoydens Hill Open Space -- 1 YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER, 2
WINTER WREN, 1 BROWN THRASHER, 1 FOX SPARROW, 1 Sharp-shinned Hawk, 1
Red-shouldered Hawk, 1 Pileated Woodpecker, 3 Eastern Bluebird, 2 Gray
Catbird, 7 Cedar Waxwing, 2 Eastern Towhee, 8 American Tree Sparrow, 2
Field Sparrow, and 3 Swamp Sparrow. In total, 6 woodpecker species and 8
sparrow species were recorded.
1/4 - Fairfield, Lake Mohegan -- 1 Ring-necked Duck.

Alex Burdo
Fairfield