[CT Birds] Rules

Don Crockett doncrockett63 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 22:11:10 EST 2015

Roy,

Thanks for the explanation. The difference in the daytime disturbance to
"day-roosting" and "open-country" makes sense as a distinction.

I'e seen a Snowy flushed by Herring Gulls and here's a link to some photos
of a Peregrine strafing a Snowy from last winter:

     http://www.nabirding.com/2012/02/16/when-a-snowy-met-the-locals/

On the topic of day vs. night activity level. I calculated distance
subtotals on the 3 Snowy Owls from Project SNOWstorm that stayed on the
Atlantic coast while they were tracked every 30 minutes via GPS last
winter. The percentage of the distance they traveled at night compared to
the total distance was 82%, 86% and 90%.

                                                Don

--
Don Crockett
Great Blue Media Works, Owner - http://greatblue.com