[CT Birds] Old Saybrook birds

John Ogren northernrail at comcast.net
Mon Dec 29 18:14:26 EST 2014

Out scouting for next Sunday's count we (John Ogren, Cathy and Chris Malin) had the following-Cornfield point- female COMMON EIDER, Double-breasted cormorant, Common Golden-Eye,Otter Cove area- Marsh Wren, Field SparrowPlum Bank Marsh- Adult SNOW GOOSE in marsh. This is highly unusual as it was by itself and in 20 years I have not seen one there.- I am thinking it was possibly an injured/shot bird. I will check on  it in the AM.Fewer species of waterfowl around- hoping for some colder weather to head them down this way!
managerNorthern Rail Services, Inc203-395-6589fax 860-339-5209www.northernrailservices.com