[CT Birds] 3 Leucistic Bluebirds, New Preston

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Mon Dec 29 23:16:13 EST 2014

Passing along a report from a visiting birder:

 From Lucy Wightman:

I am not sure how to post to your listserv but thought it important to pass this along as soon as I realized what I had observed.

I was visiting CT Sunday and at approximately 10:30 am sited 3 leucistic bluebirds at the below coordinates.  Perhaps this was Macricostas Preserve?  A boardwalk etc..

Comes up on Google maps as 132 Christian Street, New Preston, 41.683418, -73.333473

The three (photos here:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/126820378@N08/sets/72157650015964115/   ) were mixing with two other bluebirds.  I was stunned to see not one, not two, but three!!

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT