[CT Birds] Grasshopper Sparrow at Hammonasset 12/30/14

Mark Szantyr birddog55 at charter.net
Wed Dec 31 10:58:52 EST 2014

While poking around at Hammonasset yesterday, Joy pointed out a brightly
colored sparrow feeding with a group of Song Sparrows in the rear western
corner of the Nature Center parking lot.  It was a stunning Grasshopper
Sparrow, likely the one reported earlier by Tina Green et al.  I was able
to get a few pictures of this little beauty and also, a few photos of a
yellow/orange variant House Finch in the same area.  I rarely seen this
form so was nearly as happy with is as the sparrow.

Photos in the galleries above.

Mark S. Szantyr
Storrs, CT <1-860-487-9766>