[CT Birds] Orange backyard birds

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 09:45:26 EST 2015

Our Brown Creeper appeared Saturday late afternoon after now showing for a
couple of weeks.  The Fox sparrow seems to visit several times a week
around dusk with our White throated sparrow group.
The Cooper's Hawk dive bombed into the thickets next to one of our
feeders.  I put the feeder there so the birds would have some protection,
but this Cooper's didn't seem deterred, although it didn't get anything and
didn't get stuck this time.
Regulars include Goldfinches, Chickadees, Titmice, Blue Jays , 1 Carolina
Wren, Downies, Red bellies,  Cardinal pair, Song sparrow, White throated
sparrows, House sparrows, Pair of titmouses (titmice), Mourning doves,
Juncos and a pair of House finches.
Our Blue Jays love the hard boiled egg yolks that we throw out.
Bev Propen, Orange