[CT Birds] Rules

Don Crockett doncrockett63 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 19:15:01 EST 2015

> Speaking of Rules, CTBirds has only a few.
> * Some birds should not be posted for the good of the bird. This includes
day-roosting owls

Why aren't Snowy Owls considered day-roosting owls?

>From the GPS tracking of Snowy Owls along the coast last winter I would
characterize coastal Snowy Owls as predominantly "day-roosting owls."

Maybe people have other data/observations, so let me ask this, who has seen
a Snowy Owl catch and eat food along the coast?

I still favor the reporting of Snowy Owls since I think other day-roosting
owls are more likely to be their nests so disturbance is more of an issue.
But the rules are stated relative to roosting.

Don Crockett
Great Blue Media Works, Owner - http://greatblue.com
Project SNOWstorm, Google Maps Wrangler - http://projectsnowstorm.org
New Britain, CT