[CT Birds] My first Christmas Bird Count!

Jerilyn Duefrene kaymad143 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 19:22:09 EST 2015

Good evening,

Well I made it to my first Christmas Bird Count and it was lead by Joe R.
Morin and Lisa (I didn't get her last name). It was a great day. I even saw
a lifer - a Brown Creeper, that was a bonus. I learned of new places that I
can go to to see birds that I have not seen before or haven't seen in a
long time. Joe is a great "tour guide!

I am sure others posted about the bird feeding frenzy yesterday. My feeders
were hopping!
I had:
6 Cardinals (normally have 2)
4 Golfinches (have only had 1 lately)
10 House Finches
6 Juncos
4 Black Capped Chicadees
1 White Breasted Nuthatch
4 Tufted Titmice
2 Carolina Wrens

They were all there at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday.

Jeri Duefrene