[CT Birds] Mew Gull continues

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 13:32:49 EST 2015

1/5/15-Southbury-south of Mitchell Farm and the Shepaug Dam on the west bank of the Housatonic River on River Road-Mew Gull continues before flying off.I spotted the bird while it was roosting with a large flock but it was indeed on an edge as Keith had said.The head shape and dark eye alerted me as I could not see the legs at that point until a bird blocking our view moved.Patrick  Comins looked through my scope and confirmed my ID.Unfortunately only 3 of us got to see it before it flew but at least we know it's still around.Thanks Patrick for a lifer!

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone