[CT Birds] Busy feeders

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Jan 9 10:04:27 EST 2015

This storm has brought an incredible number of Juncos to my  yard. I spread
feed (mostly millet) on the ground on a daily basis, and I have  had more
than 80 Juncos at one time before, but this morning I've counted more  than
150 on the ground at one time, kicking and scratching in what is now over 2
inches of snow. They are constantly coming and going, so I believe there are
at  least 200 in and around my yard.
I got around 1.5 inches of snow  between the time it  started at 8 AM and
8:45, and it's lighter now, falling steadily but  gradually letting up. I was
expecting flurries this morning. Of course all my  regulars are here as
well, including at least 8 White-throated Sparrows  (previous high count was
7).

Don Morgan, Coventry, Ct
mntncougar at aol.com