[CT Birds] Possible Orchard Oriole?

David Rathbun janet.rathbun at snet.net
Fri Jan 9 15:46:01 EST 2015

1/9/15 Backyard Feeder, Northford, 12:15  I had what I believe was a female Orchard Oriole at my suet feeder this afternoon. The bird was viewed twice over the course of a half hour but unfortunately I was unable to get photos of it. Coloration, size and two prominent wing bars were spot on with my Sibley and Crossley guide descriptions of the Orchard Oriole. I wouldn't expect to see this bird at this time of year but I'll leave it to those more knowledgeable than I to confirm if this was a possibility. Thanks.

Dave Rathbun
Northford