[CT Birds] OCWA Stratford

Russ Smiley arsmiley at comcast.net
Fri Jan 9 21:47:21 EST 2015

I received a question earlier today asking by what road the Sikorsky Estuary
Walk is located. The Sikorsky Estuary Walk is in the southeast corner of the
intersection of the Merritt Parkway (Route 15) and Route 110 in Stratford at
the western base of the Sikorsky Memorial Bridge. Adjacent to the Walk is
Ryder's Lane. It heads east from Route 110 (a left turn going south) and has
some parking at the end before the state's maintenance property. Besides the
one OCWA that John and I saw, there was a cold-looking young red-shouldered
hawk in a tree down the hill.

Russ Smiley
Marlborough, CT