[CT Birds] Southbury GWFG and other notes

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 22:18:22 EST 2015

A few notes from this morning.

Melanie Torres picked out the continuing adult Greater White-fronted Goose
asleep with Canadas on the Housatonic River in Southbury, downriver from
Mitchell Farm. Only a few hundred gulls were on site around noon today,
with nothing unusual among them. Our visit was brief, however.

Earlier in the morning we had a striking leucistic first cycle Herring Gull
at Walnut Beach in Milford...the bird has pure white flight feathers and a
white chin. Absolutely worth looking for.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com