[CT Birds] Assorted Reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sat Jan 10 22:56:16 EST 2015

Passing these along.

 From Tim Granahan:
I am not a bird watcher but my wife and I believe we saw a Golden Eagle in Enfield, CT. I understand that this is possible but unlikely so I figured I'd let the bird people know. It was very large and dark in color but when it flew away from about 100 yards distance the underside of it was golden in color. The pictures we saw of a Golden Eagle matched most closely to what we thought we saw.

 From Aidan Kiley:
1/10/15 - Stratford, Birdseye Boat Ramp -- 1 Wilson's Snipe in creek, 1 Great Cormorant.
Fairfield, yard -- 1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker

 From Nancy Morand
1/10/15. Banta Lane, Durham. Yellow Bellied Sapsucker

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT