[CT Birds] sapsuckers in Hamden

Florence McBride michael.mcbride at yale.edu
Tue Jan 6 10:11:42 EST 2015

Two sapsuckers were working and moving around close together on the spruce by our back porch at 8 am this morning, and one was working and calling there at 9:45.  Lately I've been checking that tree several times a day, since it has attracted sapsuckers so often at this time of year (last winter's records were on 12/31and 1/1, 2, 3, 6, and 14).  An individual visited the spruce trunk very briefly at 12:50 three days ago, but as far as I could see, it just landed and took off

Flo McBride.