[CT Birds] NHBC 1st Wed Walk Sherwood Island State Park

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 18:49:12 EST 2015

Nine hardy participants  braved the frigid temps and joined me for the New Haven Bird Club's First Wednesday Walk today. Fortunately the brisk northwest winds did not start to blow until late morning and we escaped having to deal with a biting windchill. So the morning was actually quite pleasant and we even saw a few birds!there was very little in the way of waterfowl on Long Island Sound and the Mill Pond held a few species even though it was mostly frozen. An adult Peregrine Falcon put on a great show performing it's aerial skills over the Mill Pond and flew just above our heads giving us spectacular views and the highlight of the walk. Thanks to all the participants for braving the cold and joining me today.Below are excerpts from the eBird report.

Jan 7, 2015
Sherwood Island State Park
187 Minutes
Observers: 10