[CT Birds] Sterling yard

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 19:31:34 EST 2015

From Robert Dixon
1/12/15 -Sterling yard - I happened to be outside filling my bird feeders this morning when the 3.1 magnitude earthquake shook Windham County. It was dark at the time (6:32 am) and not only was I startled but the birds were too. I could hear Northern Cardinals, White-throated Sparrows and Dark-eyed Juncos nervously chipping and fluttering around in the spruces they were roosting in. (when I went back inside my wife Linda was also calling nervously from her roost).
Linda also photographed a first for the yard orange variant House Finch at the feeders today.