[CT Birds] old CBC report

lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Wed Jan 14 17:16:31 EST 2015

I came across this old CBC report from today's Norwalk Hour.
It is part of "The Way We Were" a weekly column written by Francis X. Fay, were he picks out old news reports from the Hour.
This one was from 50 years ago.
Anyone remember this count?

"JAN, 2, 1964 - Inclement weather douse the annual Audubon Society Christmas bird count resulting in observation of only 15,000 birds compared to last year's record of 37,287. The count was spread over only 85 species this year as opposed to 115 last year. And 10,000 of these were herring gulls. Happily, some of the strongest counts were among the most popular birds, 100 blue birds, 200 cardinals and 100 white-breasted nuthatches."

Larry Flynn
Norwalk, CT